Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com> on 2004/01/02 21:54:44 UTC

Re: 3.0.32 integration build available

Have fleshed out the "Move Implicit to Spec" wizard.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about...

Open a template file and choose an implicit component, they look something
like this:

place the text caret inside the jwcid attribute,
right click, choose Source->Move Implicit to Spec

A wizard will appear. Pretty much self explanatory from there.

The end result is that the template would change from

and the spec would have the following inserted:

<component id="anId" type="Insert">
<binding name="value" expression="anExpression"/>
</component>

Notes:

There is a page in the Wizard to preview the changes that will be made
(Template and Spec). The preview is not the best but it does show the
changes (colors off, etc).

My thinking is that the functionality is more important than how pretty the
preview is.

This wizard is fully functional but preliminary. Although I have tried to
think up as many use-cases as possible, I'm sure that the first few releases
will break in new and interesting ways once you people start pounding on it.

Feedback would be greatly appreaciated.

> > Integration Update Site: http://data.intelligentworks.com

Geoff

Geoffrey Longman
Intelligent Works Inc.

Re: 3.0.32 integration build available

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.
B'oops. There shouldna been a 'Re:' in front of the subject line. 3.0.32 was
just uploaded a few minutes ago.

Geoff