Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com> on 2003/06/09 21:46:36 UTC

Nominations for XML PMC Chair

Hi all,

Since no one else has nominated anyone for the chair, I guess I'll start.

I'd like to nominate Berin Lautenbach for the XML PMC Chair.  I think
that he's shown interest in PMC type stuff, as well as initiative in
helping to get things done.

Additional nominations are welcome...

Ted

Re: Nominations for XML PMC Chair

Posted by Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com>.
There haven't been any other nominations for the PMC chair, and Berin's
nomination has been seconded by 3 other people (in the private PMC
list).  There has also been a request to dispense with a vote.  Under
the old charter (v1.3) the mechanism for selecting the PMC chair is
unspecified.  So here's my proposal.  Unless someone either nominates a
second person, or wished to veto Berin's nomination (in which case they
better provide a nomination) by 5pm PST Friday June 13, 2003, Berin will
become the XML PMC chair.

Ted

Posted by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>.
--On Montag, 9. Juni 2003 12:46 -0700 Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com> wrote:

> Since no one else has nominated anyone for the chair, I guess I'll start.
>
> I'd like to nominate Berin Lautenbach for the XML PMC Chair.  I think
> that he's shown interest in PMC type stuff, as well as initiative in
> helping to get things done.

+1 from "geuerp (at) apache (dot) org"

Regards,
Christian