Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Dinakar Chennubotla <ch...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/08 07:50:28 UTC

apache-spark-how to run distributed spark jobs in Apache-spark-standalone-cluster

Hi All,i am dinakar and I am admin,i have question,
Question: " is it possible to run distributed spark jobs in Apache spark
standalone cluster".if yes, could someone, help with the docs or webpages.
so that i can create and test it.Thanks in advance,
Dinakar

Re: apache-spark-how to run distributed spark jobs in Apache-spark-standalone-cluster

Posted by Dinakar Chennubotla <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sean Owen,

Thank you very much for your quick response.
Could you please help us, with the below?

coming to the point, yes I did check the link you sent. but I did not get
whole clarity, what I am searching for.

Our Prod problem statement is:
=========================
1. Can we launch distributed way of spark jobs in the Spark standalone
cluster, if yes, how.

our Prod  details:
==============
1. we have a spark cluster, standalone deployment done, all are running
inside docker containers, no orchestrator or monitoring frame deployed.
2. where 1 node has a spark master, the rest spark workers are deployed
inside a docker.

with the above details mentioned, we implement the below rules and launch
spark jobs in a distributed way in the "spark standalone cluster ".
Rule 1:
 the first rule is that,  if start launching the spark jobs, jobs should be
launched in the ideal spark-worker node.

Rule 2:
IF no ideal spark-worker node is available, then
resources-availability should be checked in the current cluster and then
launch the jobs in the resources-available node.

Thanks and regards,
Dinakar

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Yes, did you check the docs?