Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> on 2005/03/15 23:33:08 UTC

Re: CONTRIBUTION: forms-calendar-styling defect when widget disabled

depub2 wrote:

>     Well actually, the readonly="readonly" works! Try it!!! And there
>     are some cases where disabled="disabled" is problematic
>     (binding/saving) and I think something else I can't remember right
>     now (pulldown selections? calendar selections? - can't remember).
>     (note {at-symbol} above must be translated to @ - seems that
>     symbol is not allowed on the archives.)
>

> Sorry, but I really don't know what you're talking about. Is this
> 'readonly' in the binding? If so, what's the relation with the styling
> XSLs??
>
> It is in the template file, <fi:styling> tag. I believe that
> readonly="readonly" simply gets passed along as an attribute to the
> "input" tag and is valid xhtml which the browser then interprets to be
> like disabled="disabled", but slightly different. Here's an example usage:
>
> <ft:widget id="StatusMessage">
>   <fi:styling readonly="readonly" type="textarea" rows="4" cols="75"
> wrap="hard"
>  class="DocOrdersStatusMessage"/>
> </ft:widget>

Again, I can't find it. If the forms/samples directory:
$ find . -type f | xargs grep readonly
./forms/binding/01value-bind.xml:  <fb:value id="readonly"
./forms/binding/01value-def.xml:    <fd:field id="readonly" >

The only "readonly" in the whole CForms samples (which include the XSLs)
is the name of a widget.

Can you please give me the URL of the relevant file under
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/forms/

> Anyway, inserting that small code segment in the source (see below)
> and then playing with the samples to disable the calendar widget will
> show you what I mean - and try readonly as a styling attribute to see
> that at work too. Then try disabling the calendar without my
> modifications and you'll notice that the date can be changed, even
> though the widget is disabled.

Again and again, there is no such "readonly" attribute. You can set the
state of a widget to "disabled" which leads to something similar to what
you describe: the input is readonly, and the calendar icon is still
visible but disabled.

Sylvain

Re: CONTRIBUTION: forms-calendar-styling defect when widget disabled

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 15.03.2005 23:33, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Again and again, there is no such "readonly" attribute. You can set the
> state of a widget to "disabled" which leads to something similar to what
> you describe: the input is readonly, and the calendar icon is still
> visible but disabled.

There is, but it's pure HTML. It has nothing to do with CForms. Unknown
attributes on fi:styling are just copied to the output, e.g. @class and
also @readonly.

I did not have a look at CForms since the adding of the states, so I
don't know how much in the meantime is handled automatically and no
longer in the template.

Joerg