Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by 晋光峰 <ji...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/24 02:41:15 UTC

How to integrate hadoop framework with web application

Dear all,

Does anyone knows how to integrate hadoop to web applications? I want to
startup a hadoop job by the Java Servlet (in web server servlet container),
then get the result and send result back to browser. Is this possible? How
to connect the web server with the hadoop framework?

Please give me any advice or suggestions about this.

Thanks
--
Guangfeng Jin

Software Engineer

iZENEsoft (Shanghai) Co., Ltd

Re: How to integrate hadoop framework with web application

Posted by 晋光峰 <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your feedback.

I think I have found the initial solution. Since the hadoop job execution
and the web application execution are two different processes. I plan to use
intermediate files as the process communication media. It seems that it is
impossible to call hadoop functions directly from the java servelt class.

So my step is: 1) startup the hadoop job execution 2) Get the result output
files and put to tomcat web application file folder 3) Get the hadoop job
result by reading files from java servlet class.

regards

Posted by Alexander Aristov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Best Regards
Alexander Aristov

Re:How to integrate hadoop framework with web application

Posted by 柳松 <la...@126.com>.
Dear  晋光峰: