Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by Reed Villanueva <vi...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/25 04:46:48 UTC

Missing resources for using the AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor?

Examining the XMI output of the AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor.xmi
file, there is the tag tree:

> ​
> <analysisEngineDescription xmlns="http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier
> ">
> <frameworkImplementation>org.apache.uima.java</frameworkImplementation>
> <primitive>false</primitive>
> <delegateAnalysisEngineSpecifiers>...</delegateAnalysisEngineSpecifiers>
> <analysisEngineMetaData>
> <name>AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor</name>
> <description>
> Runs the complete pipeline for annotating clinical documents in plain text
> format using the built in UMLS (SNOMEDCT and RxNORM) dictionaries. This
> uses the database in
> resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/fast/ctakessnorx and requires
> an UMLS license. Please update
> resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/fast/cTakesHsql.xml file with
> your UMLS username and password.
> </description>

​Which seems to imply that for this analysis engine to work, we need to
update the
resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/fast/cTakesHsql.xml file.
However, this file does not seem to exist and examining the output when
running the AE in the ctakesCVD shows the output

> ​

24 Mar 2018 18:42:40  INFO DictionaryDescriptorParser - Parsing dictionary
> specifications:

24 Mar 2018 18:42:40  INFO UmlsUserApprover - Checking UMLS Account at
> https://uts-ws.nlm.nih.gov/restful/isValidUMLSUser for user
> ​myuser
> :

......24 Mar 2018 18:42:43  INFO UmlsUserApprover -   UMLS Account at
> https://uts-ws.nlm.nih.gov/restful/isValidUMLSUser for user
> ​myuser
>  has been validated

​

​seems to indicate that the UMLS are in fact being used already​.

Does anyone know what is going on here? Should I be seeing something, but
am just missing files? Is this a depreciated comment in the XMI? Thanks.