Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2007/05/31 00:46:19 UTC

new 10.3 release candidate date: 6/15/07

Dear all,

Thx to all of you who have been working hard to make the 6/1/07 code
complete date! Most of you are very, very close, or done; good work!

I - as the 10.3 release manager - have decided to postpone the cutting
of the 10.3 branch & generating of the first 10.3 release candidate by
2 weeks.

Weighing in the decision are:
- blocker issue DERBY-2728 (although a patch has been made available)
- concern about incompatibility re DERBY-2264
- various collation-related bugs
- various (intermittent?) nightly regression issues
- largish number of bugs with patches available.
- number of open bugs marked 10.3
- absence of signing up for buddy-testing

I'll update the derbytenthreerelease wiki page asap and send another
email, outlining what I think should happen before 6/15/07.

Regards,
Myrna