Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by hsp <pi...@ibest.com.br> on 2006/04/05 14:01:27 UTC

Location for binary contents

Here I go again, another question to clarify my mind about jackrabbit configuration.
In a workspace I can configure the content to be stored parcial in a db (metadata) and the binary files in a filesystem. In this case the directory with the indexes and also with the blob files will be locate in some like this: /usr/lib/jboss4/bin/myrepository...
I would to know if the structure, starting in "myrepository" would be in another location, such as a storage system in another machine, thats is not the same the machine running the container web where the repository application server is.

This will help me a lot, thanks.
Helio.

Re: Location for binary contents

Posted by Gonzalo Ruiz <gr...@germinus.com>.
Hi again Helio.

I think is possible to separate:

- Web container in a machine
- Repository and Data Storage in another machine
- MetaData about the Nodes and properties in a DataBase in another machine

With JCRServer, you can configure a remote repository, with a workspace
with SimpleDBPersister for metadata. You can store this metadata in a
DataBase in the same or in another machine setting the parameters. For
example:

       <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManager">
           <param name="driver" value="org.postgresql.Driver"/>
           <param name="url" value="@database.url@"/>
           <param name="user" value="@database.user@"/>
           <param name="password" value="@database.password@"/>
           <param name="schema" value="....."/>
           <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
           <param name="externalBLOBs" value="true"/>
       </PersistenceManager>

In the workspace.xml configuration file, you can set "externalBLOBs"
parameter true. Then you could have:

*Web
Container with                   JCRServer                    DataBase
applications                        *(Where you
*Server*
(Configured to  ------------------>    save binary files  ------>
(MetaData)
connect with                            in a file System)
JCRServer)

Regards

Posted by Gonzalo Ruiz <gr...@germinus.com>.

Posted by Gonzalo Ruiz <gr...@germinus.com>.