Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net> on 2008/01/07 16:22:59 UTC

Re: Complex Queries

Dan Diephouse wrote:
> Going to throw a wrench in the mix.  Is it possible to do something like
> this:
>
> /blog/entry[@title='Jackrabbit' or ../@author='Dan Diephouse']

no, the parent axis is currently not supported. if there was an and in your
predicate you could write:

/blog[@author='Dan Diephouse']/entry[@title='Jackrabbit']

regards
  marcel

Re: Complex Queries

Posted by Alexandru Popescu ☀ <th...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 8, 2008 8:03 AM, Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com> wrote:

> Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> > Dan Diephouse wrote:
> >> Going to throw a wrench in the mix.  Is it possible to do something
> >> like this:
> >>
> >> /blog/entry[@title='Jackrabbit' or ../@author='Dan Diephouse']
> >
> > no, the parent axis is currently not supported. if there was an and in
> > your predicate you could write:
> >
> > /blog[@author='Dan Diephouse']/entry[@title='Jackrabbit']
> >
> > regards
> >  marcel
> Well thats a bummer. I will have to file a JIRA. How hard would it be to
> implement such a feature?

Dan, I don't have a spec close to me, but I think this is not
specified in it. I do agree though that having an implementation
specific stuff is still better than nothing :).

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

PS: All the best for the new year!

Re: Complex Queries

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Dan Diephouse wrote:
> Well thats a bummer. I will have to file a JIRA.

please do so.

> How hard would it be to
> implement such a feature?

it's probably not that difficult, but I didn't have a closer look at it.

regards
  marcel

Re: Complex Queries

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com>.