Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Sparkes <pe...@didm.co.uk> on 2012/12/04 09:40:56 UTC

CForms Character Encoding

I am using C.2.11

I have a CForm implementation and there are, in the xml text, special characters such as:

£, Â, ⅗ and â

I am using UTF-8 encoding and such characters in the xml file are correctly displaced in the CForm
and when the form is saved they are correctly saved in the xml file.

However, I am building another CForm, within the same Cocoon application, this time using the
JXTemplate Generator and I am having encoding problems; the above characters are not correctly saved
in the xml file.

In the sitemap I have:

<map:generate type="jx" src="forms/{1}_template.xml" label="content1">
<map:parameter name="locale" value="{flow-attribute:locale}"/>
</map:generate>

I suspect the locale setting but do not know how to set it to UTF-8

Help please

Peter

Re: CForms Character Encoding

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 04/12/2012 13:08, Peter Sparkes wrote:
> On 04/12/2012 09:15, Peter Sparkes wrote:

>>> Hi Peter,
>>> did you take a look at [1] and [2] (for C2.2 but most concepts apply
>>> to C2.1 as well)?
>>>
>>> Regards.
>>>
>>> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/RequestParameterEncoding
>>> [2] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1366_1_1.html
>>>
>> Hi Francesco,
>>
>> No, but I will now
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Peter
>
> Hi Francesco,
>
> All working now
>
> Thank you again

You're welcome :-)

Regard.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: CForms Character Encoding

Posted by Peter Sparkes <pe...@didm.co.uk>.
On 04/12/2012 09:15, Peter Sparkes wrote:
>> On 04/12/2012 09:40, Peter Sparkes wrote:
>>> I am using C.2.11
>>>
>>> I have a CForm implementation and there are, in the xml text, special characters such as:
>>>
>>> £, Â, ⅗ and â
>>>
>>> I am using UTF-8 encoding and such characters in the xml file are correctly displaced in the
>>> CForm and when the form is saved they are correctly saved in the xml file.
>>>
>>> However, I am building another CForm, within the same Cocoon application, this time using the
>>> JXTemplate Generator and I am having encoding problems; the above characters are not correctly
>>> saved in the xml file.
>>>
>>> In the sitemap I have:
>>>
>>> <map:generate type="jx" src="forms/{1}_template.xml" label="content1">
>>> <map:parameter name="locale" value="{flow-attribute:locale}"/>
>>> </map:generate>
>>>
>>> I suspect the locale setting but do not know how to set it to UTF-8
>>
>> Hi Peter,
>> did you take a look at [1] and [2] (for C2.2 but most concepts apply to C2.1 as well)?
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/RequestParameterEncoding
>> [2] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1366_1_1.html
>>
> Hi Francesco,