Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Wallis <Jo...@urz.uni-hd.de> on 2003/09/19 07:55:55 UTC

Blocking html

Hi Folks,

I have a site that provides jsp/java pages only.

Problem is: people can visit my site (costing me money)
and gain access to the www (html pages).

I don't have any proxy settings in server.xml
How can I block this?

Thank You,

        John Wallis

Re: Blocking html

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
So people are using your server as a proxy server? Tomcat (AFAIK) does not
allow that from its base functionality. If so - that is a security flaw.

-Tim

Re: Blocking html

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.

Re: Blocking html

Posted by John Wallis <Jo...@urz.uni-hd.de>.
Hi users,

The html pages are of the web and are not mine. My server somehow acts
like a proxy giving my callers access to the web. I want to prevent this.

In server.xml there are no proxyname/host settings --> ??

Any suggestions

Thank You

John Wallis

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Tim Funk wrote:

> 1) Delete the html pages
> 2) If the html pages are masked behind the html pages (via a forward on
> include) - Move the pages somewhere under WEB-INF
> 3) There is an Valve for restrict requests by address - you might be able to
> use or adapt that
>
> -Tim
>
> John Wallis wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I have a site that provides jsp/java pages only.
> >
> > Problem is: people can visit my site (costing me money)
> > and gain access to the www (html pages).
> >
> > I don't have any proxy settings in server.xml
> > How can I block this?
> >
> > Thank You,
> >
> >         John Wallis

* Dr. John Wallis                             *
*                                             *

Re: Blocking html

Posted by John Wallis <Jo...@urz.uni-hd.de>.
Hi users,

The html pages are of the web and are not mine. My server somehow acts
like a proxy giving my callers access to the web. I want to prevent this.

In server.xml there are no proxyname/host settings --> ??

Any suggestions

Thank You

John Wallis

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Tim Funk wrote:

> 1) Delete the html pages
> 2) If the html pages are masked behind the html pages (via a forward on
> include) - Move the pages somewhere under WEB-INF
> 3) There is an Valve for restrict requests by address - you might be able to
> use or adapt that
>
> -Tim
>
> John Wallis wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I have a site that provides jsp/java pages only.
> >
> > Problem is: people can visit my site (costing me money)
> > and gain access to the www (html pages).
> >
> > I don't have any proxy settings in server.xml
> > How can I block this?
> >
> > Thank You,
> >
> >         John Wallis

* Dr. John Wallis                             *

Re: Blocking html

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
1) Delete the html pages

Re: Blocking html