Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2021/04/12 19:49:08 UTC

Re: version change failure [OT]

Dana,

On 4/10/21 16:34, dana whitelow wrote:

>   Thanks. I used  the migration tool.
> The problem is still there.
> I believe this simple *.nix shell script can do a better job
>   grep -RiIl 'javax' | xargs sed -i 's/javax/jakarta/g'

That will migrate lots of APIs which haven't moved to Jakarta. It's not
javax.everything. It's only javax.some-things. And this should only
affect package imports or fully-qualified class names. If the text
"javax" appears in some comment somewhere, you don't want to replace it
with "jakarta", do you?

> Quick grep explanation:
>
>      -R - recursive search
>      -i - case-insensitive

Why insensitive? 'javax' should be case-sensitive.

>      -I - skip binary files (you want text, right?)

Note that the migration tool will re-write binaries.

-chris