Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jo Rhett <jr...@netconsonance.com> on 2007/08/14 05:44:33 UTC

Very unhelpful

FYI I'd like to point out that this quoted reply is very insulting in
tone.  Golly gee wonder, Bob, there might be information on web page?
No kidding.

Now, why do you think I didn't understand the reference?  Because he
didn't explain it.  He send me the opening page to a very large topic
with no information.  Had he sent a direct link to the file locations,
or a comment than I can find the file locations here with the link, then
I would have known what information he was providing.

Next time you ask a question, if someone answers you with "That's how it
works" and a link to the index of an encyclopedia, would you go read the
entire encyclopedia to try and figure out what the person meant?
Neither would I.

So come down off your high horse and stop treating people badly when
they point out that the answer given didn't answer the question asked,
which is absolutely true.  Because this isn't mysticism, we aren't going
to sit and meditate on what the person meant.

And worse yet that the rule provided doesn't work, which means that
you're being nasty to someone who is trying to improve the system.
Great job.

--
Jo Rhett
Net Consonance ... net philanthropy, open source and other randomness

whitelist_from_rcvd more than one mx record

Posted by Gokhan ALKAN <go...@yahoo.com.tr>.
hi all ;

    i have used "whitelist_from_rcvd" option for spamassassin and it works successfully if domain has only one mx record . for instance i have domain.com and it has only one mx record . the below line is used users who have email address  "*@domain.com".

 whitelist_from_rcvd    *@domain.com               domain.com

 what i wonder is what will happen if the "domain.com" has more than one mx record ?

 how should i configure local.cf if the domain has more than one mx record ?