Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2000/07/11 02:48:58 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/include apr_buf.h

Um. There is an existing veto on this code.

Checking it into the repository is one thing. Hooking it right into the
build is another matter entirely.

This doesn't seem proper.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/include apr_buf.h

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
This code doesn't actually DO anything.  All this Makefile does, is allow
people to build the bucket brigades.  This doesn't turn on filtering, it
doesn't change the Apache code at all.  It allow more people to hack on
the bucket brigades, that's it.  I have no problem adding another type to
APR, because it can be completely ignored if people want to.  If this
affected the server at all, I wouldn't have done it.

This is in direct response to Roy's request that we get some of the bucket
code into APR so that he can play with it.  If it really bothers you that
this went in, I will remove it, but that just means we have to wait for
filtering, because I am working on other things as well.  As for the build
process, modifying APR's build to include buckets is not obvious, so
adding it to the build process just makes sense.  As I said, nothing is
currently even using this code.

Ryan

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> Um. There is an existing veto on this code.
>
> Checking it into the repository is one thing. Hooking it right into the
> build is another matter entirely.
>
> This doesn't seem proper.
>
> Cheers,
> -g
>
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 12:25:57AM -0000, rbb@locus.apache.org wrote:
> > rbb         00/07/10 17:25:57
> >
> >   Modified:    src/lib/apr configure.in
> >   Added:       src/lib/apr/buckets Makefile.in ap_buf.c ap_mmap_buf.c
> >                         ap_rwmem_buf.c
> >                src/lib/apr/include apr_buf.h
> >   Log:
> >   First pass at buckets brigades.