Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Karan Jindal <ka...@students.iiit.ac.in> on 2010/10/05 14:58:16 UTC

Reg: getting error while running kmeans using mahout

Hi all,

I tried to run kmeans algorithm using mahout but getting an error of which
I don't have any idea. Before running the algorithms, I converted the text
document dataset into vector writable format, for doing this I followed
the sequence of steps given here
https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/creating-vectors-from-text.html .

the error looks like this::

10/10/09 17:33:42 ERROR driver.MahoutDriver: MahoutDriver failed with
args: [-i, clusteringVec/vectors/, -o, clustering/output, -c, clusters,
-m, org.apache.mahout.common.distance.CosineDistanceMeasure, -x, 5, -w,
-d, 1, -k, 25, null]
Index: 1, Size: 1
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1,
Size: 1
	at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:571)
	at
org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.RandomSeedGenerator.buildRandom(RandomSeedGenerator.java:113)
	at
org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.KMeansDriver.main(KMeansDriver.java:164)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.invoke(ProgramDriver.java:68)
	at org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver(ProgramDriver.java:139)
	at org.apache.mahout.driver.MahoutDriver.main(MahoutDriver.java:172)
	at
	at

Does this error suggest any mistake in the input file?
Can anyone tell the problem?

-Karan

believed to be clean.

Re: Reg: getting error while running kmeans using mahout

Posted by Matt Tanquary <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karan,

Yes, that sounds like there is a problem with your input file. Looks
like there are probably no vectors in the file.

Something thing to check is that the input file is in the local file
system, and it will place the output files in hdfs.

What is the content of the files you are converting?

-M@

--
Have you thanked a teacher today? ---> http://www.liftateacher.org