Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mahen Perera <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/05 11:04:24 UTC

submitting a file to Perforce using Maven

Hi Everybody,

I am in the process of writing a maven automated build script file.
The SCM used is Perforce.

I have succcessfully writen and tested the p4sync task and got the
latest code in to my local machine.

However, i am not sure as to how to do a submit.

I have used the following script..

 <p4submit port="172.20.6.53:1666" client="someClient" user="someUser"
change="${p4.change}" />

However, the file is not getting submitted :( ,,, the icon in perforce
client does not change :(

I am not sure as to what this "change" attribute means....

Can someone please help me.

Appreciate if someone can tell me where i can find good documentation
abt Maven - Perforce - (writing build scripts which uses perforce
tasks)

I just want to do a "Open for edit" and then "Submit"

Please someone send me the steps i have to follow.

Thanx in advance

Mahen

Re: Fwd: submitting a file to Perforce using Maven

Posted by Mahen Perera <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanx. it was bug in  a earlier Ant version. The P4Change process
hanged !!!. Anyway using Ant 1.6 worked . Thanks everybody for the
help

Mahen

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello,