Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Carman <jw...@fuse.net> on 2000/10/08 02:54:52 UTC

Tomcat not recognizing my servlet mapping...

I have a webapp defined called jmail (Java Servlet/JSP based IMAP mail
client) with the following servlet defined in the web.xml file...

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>HelloWorldServlet</servlet-name>
  <!-- <description>A simple Hello, World example.</description> -->
  <servlet-class>jmail.HelloWorldServlet</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
    <param-name>name</param-name>
    <param-value>Jim Carman</param-value>
  </init-param>
  <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>HelloWorldServlet</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/hello</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

When I go to http://localhost/jmail/hello, I get a 404 error.  However, if I
just go to http://localhost/jmail/servlet/jmail.HelloWorldServlet, it works
fine.  Am I not setting something up correctly?  Sorry if this question
seems trivial, but I'm new to the Tomcat world and need a hand.  I can work
with it how it is, but the servlet mappings shouldn't be this difficult to
configure.  Thanks.

James Carman