Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2009/02/03 21:12:31 UTC

[VOTE] Anne Kathrine Petteroe as ESME committer and PPMC member

Hi ESME team,

Looks like my subtle hints that any PPMC member can start a vote
thread had no effect, maybe I wasn't clear ;-)

Let's not waste more time - ESME committers all seem to agree that
Anne Kathrine should be made an ESME committer, based on her former
contributions to ESME. That's unusual, as Apache projects usually
require people to demonstrate their merit inside the project, but I
totally understand this case and agree with it. I also suggest making
her a PPMC member as well, so that she can take part in all
ESME-related decisions.

Please cast you votes to accept Anne Kathrine Petteroe as ESME
committer and PPMC member.

Note that we need 3 +1 from Incubator PMC members, which we'll reach
if 3 of our mentors agree and vote.

The vote is open for 72 hours, until Friday evening UTC.

-Bertrand

Token Problem in browser-based clients

Posted by "Hirsch, Richard" <ri...@siemens.com>.
Currently, the ESME login requires a token. This is no problem when
using Java, C#, etc. However, in clients that are based in the browser
(such as pure-JavaScript clients -
http://code.google.com/p/esmeproject/wiki/PureJavascript_messaging_clien
t), the token is visible in the HTML source code. Obviously, this isn't
very secure.

In the quest to use the long-polling features of the browser without
revealing the token, we've been exploring various alternatives. We've
tried logging-in via java,  rewriting the JSESSIONID cookie to the
browser and then using this cookie in subsequent REST API calls. This
attempt failed inasmuch as ESME didn't accept the java-based session
cookie for the JavaScript-based REST API calls.

Anyone have any other ideas to deal with this issue?

D.

Re: [VOTE] Anne Kathrine Petteroe as ESME committer and PPMC member

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:

> ...Please cast you votes to accept Anne Kathrine Petteroe as ESME
> committer and PPMC member...

Hmm...forgot mine ;-)

+1

and thanks Robert for the clarifications!

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Anne Kathrine Petteroe as ESME committer and PPMC member

Posted by Darren Hague <dh...@fortybeans.com>.
+1

- Darren

Posted by Mrinal Wadhwa <mr...@gmail.com>.
+1 Absolutely

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Pollak <fe...@gmail.com>.
+1

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp

Re: [VOTE] Anne Kathrine Petteroe as ESME committer and PPMC member

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.
+1

Fwd: [VOTE] Anne Kathrine Petteroe as ESME committer and PPMC member

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

This is a notice that a committer/PPMC member vote is ongoing on the
esme-dev@incubator.apache.org list, please cast your votes there.

-Bertrand

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)
Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Anne Kathrine Petteroe as ESME committer and PPMC member

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 2/3/09, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi ESME team,
>
> Looks like my subtle hints that any PPMC member can start a vote
> thread had no effect, maybe I wasn't clear ;-)
>
> Let's not waste more time - ESME committers all seem to agree that
> Anne Kathrine should be made an ESME committer, based on her former
> contributions to ESME. That's unusual, as Apache projects usually
> require people to demonstrate their merit inside the project, but I
> totally understand this case and agree with it. I also suggest making
> her a PPMC member as well, so that she can take part in all
> ESME-related decisions.
>
> Please cast you votes to accept Anne Kathrine Petteroe as ESME
> committer and PPMC member.
>
> Note that we need 3 +1 from Incubator PMC members, which we'll reach
> if 3 of our mentors agree and vote.

+1 (binding)

<nettiquette-explained>
I'm jumping into this VOTE thread (since I'm an IPMCer who's not a
mentor). My vote is binding (all the community is encouraged to VOTE
but only some VOTEs are binding on Apache) so I've reminded people
that it is since people might not know. The official list of committee
members is in the committers repo but I'm also on the WhoWeAre linked
from http://incubator.apache.org (which is usually a little late).
</nettiquette-explained>

- Robert

[VOTE][RESULT] Anne Kathrine Petteroe as ESME committer and PPMC member

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Please cast you votes to accept Anne Kathrine Petteroe as ESME
> committer and PPMC member....

The vote passes with +1s from:

Vassil Dichev
Robert Burrell Donkin (*)
David Pollak
Daniel Kulp (*) (mentor)
Darren Hague
Sylvain Wallez (*) (mentor)
Mrinal Wadhwa
Bertrand Delacretaz (*) (mentor)

And no other votes.
(*) indicates Incubator PMC members, we have 4 of those so no need for
an additional vote by the Incubator PMC.

Thanks everybody, and welcome Anne Kathrine!

Please let me know (off-list) your favorite username and non-Apache
forwarding email address.
I'll take care of the account creation request.

-Bertrand