Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dmitry Beransky <dm...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/16 17:36:13 UTC

missing resources in .jnlp

Hi,

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I've set up a project for
building a WebStart app.  Copied template.vm from the plugin's svn.
When I run webstart:jnlp goal, I get a zip containing all dependencies
properly signed, but the index.jnlp file only has the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<jnlp
    codebase="$$codebase"
    href="$outputFile.name">
  <resources>
  </resources>
  <application-desc main-class="${config.jnlp.mainClass}"/>
</jnlp>

so, why is ther resources section empty (and why
${config.jnlp.mainClass} didn't get expanded)?

any thoughts?

thanks
d.

Re: missing resources in .jnlp

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.
On 1/16/07, Dmitry Beransky <dm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I've set up a project for
> building a WebStart app.  Copied template.vm from the plugin's svn.
> When I run webstart:jnlp goal, I get a zip containing all dependencies
> properly signed, but the index.jnlp file only has the following:
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <jnlp
>     codebase="$$codebase"
>     href="$outputFile.name">
>   <resources>
>   </resources>
>   <application-desc main-class="${config.jnlp.mainClass}"/>
> </jnlp>
>
> so, why is ther resources section empty (and why
> ${config.jnlp.mainClass} didn't get expanded)?
>
> any thoughts?

Don't look at the
src/main/resources/org/codehaus/mojo/webstart/template/jnlp.vm  file.
This file is obsolete and was removed from the trunk. For examples on
template.vm files, look at the various template.vm files found under
src/test/projects/

E.g. look at:

http://svn.mojo.codehaus.org/browse/mojo/trunk/mojo/webstart-maven-plugin/plugin/src/test/projects/

Try to use something like this in your template.vm:

[...]
  <resources>
     $dependencies
  </resources>
  <application-desc main-class="$mainClass">
   [...]
  </application-desc>
[...]

As for resources, if you use the latest snapshot, they should be under:

src/main/jnlp/resources

Cf the documentation:
http://svn.mojo.codehaus.org/browse/mojo/trunk/mojo/webstart-maven-plugin/plugin/src/site/apt/howto.apt?r=3014

If you still have problems, please open an issue in Jira.

PS: please use the mojo user mailing list for questions regarding a mojo plugin.

Re: missing resources in .jnlp

Posted by Subhash Chandran <su...@gmail.com>.
For me also the resources inside the src/jnlp/resources directory does
not get copied to target/jnlp. This seems to be a bug. For me the
$mainClass gets expanded. My .vm file is:

http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/jenkryptor/trunk/src/jnlp/template.vm?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

My pom.xml:

http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/jenkryptor/trunk/pom.xml?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

Subhash.

On 1/16/07, Dmitry Beransky <dm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I've set up a project for
> building a WebStart app.  Copied template.vm from the plugin's svn.
> When I run webstart:jnlp goal, I get a zip containing all dependencies
> properly signed, but the index.jnlp file only has the following:
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <jnlp
>     codebase="$$codebase"
>     href="$outputFile.name">
>   <resources>
>   </resources>
>   <application-desc main-class="${config.jnlp.mainClass}"/>
> </jnlp>
>
> so, why is ther resources section empty (and why
> ${config.jnlp.mainClass} didn't get expanded)?
>
> any thoughts?
>
> thanks
> d.

Subhash Chandran S