Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Bas Bosman <co...@nazgul.nu> on 2014/02/01 15:48:30 UTC

CB-5625 Outstanding GitHub Pull Requests

While browsing JIRA I came across CB-5625 about implementing a coho
command for listing outstanding pull requests on GitHub.

As Coho is self contained and has a lot of code I can reuse I decided that
it would be a nice issue to try to tackle and get my feet wet.

Pull Request at: https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/pull/13

As mentioned on the issue, I've added a new coho list-pulls command where
you can specify the repositories and branches to check and it will give
back a sorted (by date modified) list per repository and branch of open
Pull Requests.

Example usages:
node C:\GitHub\cordova-coho\coho list-pulls -r auto -b master
node C:\GitHub\cordova-coho\coho list-pulls -r plugins -b dev

GitHub imposes a rate limit of 60 request in an hour. Each repository and
branch combination amounts to a request, so if you specify a '-r all' it
could go fast. The code will fail gracefully if that limit is reached
though.

An example output of the command coho list-pulls -r cordova-coho would be:

.// ========================== Found 2 Pull Requests for repo
"cordova-coho" and branch "master"
Pull Request number 13 for cordova-coho on branch master (Last modified:
2014-02-01T14:23:37Z)
Title: CB-5625 Show open Pull Requests on GitHub
Author: BBosman
Author: jsoref

What do you guys think?

Bas

Re: CB-5625 Outstanding GitHub Pull Requests

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Finally finished going through all non-tizen, non-WP, non-BB PRs. Highly
encourage others to try this out.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Bas Bosman <co...@nazgul.nu>.
Hi Ian,