Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Jeremy Wagner <co...@yahoo.com> on 2012/11/20 08:14:33 UTC

Persistent Storage for C++ broker?

Hello all,

I understand that the Java broker comes with three options: Memory Storage (not persistent), Derby (persistent) and Berkeley DB (persistent). However, it appears that the C++ broker only has one persistent option, which is the Berkeley DB. This is not possible due to their license so is there an alternative available for persistent storage for the C++ broker? Thank you.

Regards,
Jeremy

Re: Persistent Storage for C++ broker?

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 11/20/2012 07:14 AM, Jeremy Wagner wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I understand that the Java broker comes with three options: Memory
> Storage (not persistent), Derby (persistent) and Berkeley DB
> (persistent). However, it appears that the C++ broker only has one
> persistent option, which is the Berkeley DB. This is not possible due
> to their license so is there an alternative available for persistent
> storage for the C++ broker? Thank you.

Actually Berkeley DB is used for only a very small part of the
persistence related code. However on linux there is as yet no option
that doesn't use it at all. (On windows of course the story is different).

It would most likely not be a huge task to replace BDB with Sqlite if
anyone had time to tackle that.