Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2006/10/04 02:32:50 UTC

[VOTE] Tomcat 4.1.34 Stability

All,

4.1.34-beta has been available for just over a month. Tomcat 4.1.34
fixes all open bugs against the 4.1.x branch and updates the libraries
to the latest versions. Please vote on its stability using the options
below.

I will also solicit feedback from the users list in case someone has
found a show stopper but hasn't reported it for whatever reason.

Apache Tomcat 4.1.34 is:
[ ] Stable - no major issues
[ ] Beta - at least one significant issue -- tell us what it is
[ ] Alpha - multiple significant issues -- tell us what they are

Many thanks,

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 4.1.34 Stability

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,
+1 / Stable, based on limited testing on my behalf.  The license bits
look fine, the checksums and PGP signatures look fine, building from
source worked OK, the examples worked OK, and I ran one of my old apps
on it for a few minutes with a JMeter script testing it.  I don't know
if any of my tests specifically targeted regressions around the areas
where bugs where fixed.

Yoav

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Tomcat 4.1.34 Stability

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
The votes were as follows:
Mark Thomas    +1
Yoav Shapira   +1
Remy Maucherat +1
Peter Rossbach +1

The vote therefore passes. I'll update the web site and send out an
announcement.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Peter Rossbach wrote:
>>> Apache Tomcat 4.1.34 is:
>>> [x ] Stable - no major issues
>> I found only a small issue at service.bat
>
> Peter,
>
> I haven't forgotten this. It is sat in my inbox waiting for me to find
> the time to look at it.

I found another (small) glitch: in the admin webapp, the page for the
AJP connector doesn't work (it tries to access a socketBuffer attribute,
which is present only on the HTTP connector - if I remember correctly).

Rémy

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 4.1.34 Stability

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.

I found only a small issue at service.bat

Many thanks for that release
Peter

===

My Mail from 14.09.2006

s.
Hi Mark,

I have tested Tomcat 4.1.34 at windows with jdk 1.4.2_12.
The service.bat script don't add the %JAVA_HOME%/lib/tools.jar.

L80
set PR_CLASSPATH=%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar
--
set PR_CLASSPATH=%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib
\tools.jar

Can we also change the link
L77
set PR_DESCRIPTION=Apache Tomcat Server - http://jakarta.apache.org/
tomcat
--
set PR_DESCRIPTION=Apache Tomcat Server - http://tomcat.apache.org

-

I have test the AJP connector successfully.

Many thanks to release 4.1.34
Peter
==================

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Mark Thomas wrote:
> All,
>
> 4.1.34-beta has been available for just over a month. Tomcat 4.1.34
> fixes all open bugs against the 4.1.x branch and updates the libraries
> to the latest versions. Please vote on its stability using the options
> below.
>
> I will also solicit feedback from the users list in case someone has
> found a show stopper but hasn't reported it for whatever reason.
>
> Apache Tomcat 4.1.34 is:
> [X] Stable - no major issues
> [ ] Beta - at least one significant issue -- tell us what it is
> [ ] Alpha - multiple significant issues -- tell us what they are

I only did quick testing, though.

Rémy