Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com> on 2005/11/09 21:34:28 UTC

Spam, Block: Good to know my representative is spamming..

Just received the below crap in from Anna Eshoo in my inbox.

Funny, I don't see a e-mail address on my representatives website.
And there's no MX record for house.gov.
Header below, full SPAM at
http://www.espphotography.com/eshoo.html or
http://www.espphotography.com/eshoo.txt

Anna will definitely have some explaining to do if she wants my vote
the next time she comes up for election.

Anyone have a e-mail address for representatives? Or a format?
(flastname@domain.gov?)

Thanks.

From: "Rep. Anna Eshoo" <es...@mail.house.gov>
To: "evan@espphotography.com" <ev...@espphotography.com>
Subject: News & Views, Fall 2005
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 13:45:05 -0500

Re: Spam, Block: Good to know my representative is spamming..

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 12:52 PM 11/9/2005, you wrote:

>Woops, should have gone to Spam-L, the anti-spam list.
>
>But.. Good fodder to set up filters for. :)
>
>Evan

Just received quite a rude reply off list, which I did reply to, but
I'm pretty confident the return address was false.

It was from a "Not Here" as the name.

The reply was simply (and quoted my "Received the below crap in my
inbox" comment:

"So did I - from some idiot, who doesn't know how to post to a LIST!!!"

Well, not here - first off, my post was intended for SPAM-L, a
anti-spam list. SPAM-L comes right after SpamAssassin in my address
book. Honest mistake. I posted the above apology minutes after
realizing my mistake.

Second off, I'm guessin you were commenting that I was the idiot.

I believe YOU are the idiot (nameless, nonetheless) because you
DIDN'T receive the spam from me. If you knew how to read, I ONLY
included the headers.

I cannot locate who this person is, searching on a number of headers,
but I have their IP information from the e-mail.

Granted, I'm taking it with a very small grain of salt, based on the
fact that the person doesn't even have the guts to use their name.

Perhaps a simple IQ test prior to allowing people to join this list
would eliminate these types of people from joining?

Re: Spam, Block: Good to know my representative is spamming..

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.