Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by ralph Lecessi <rl...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/18 13:45:00 UTC

How to use cTakes as a UIMA component

Hello,

I'm interested in building an application in the Eclipse IDE
that uses the cTAKES library as a component in the UIMA apache
framework.

Is this possible? Could you point me to some documentation?

Thank you,

Ralph Lecessi
rlecessi@gmail.com
(732)658-4778
.

Re: How to use cTakes as a UIMA component

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
Ralph,
Could you describe a bit on you were using the UIMA framework? i.e. PEAR
files, XML descriptors, and/or uimaFIT to programmatically wire the
components together?
I think the easiest would be to have your application pull the necessary
ctakes components from maven central and use the Annotators as appropriate.

Hope that helps-
Pei