Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Jaladurgam, Ramana" <Ra...@pearson.com> on 2003/11/06 23:59:13 UTC

Retrieve values

Hello,
  I have my elements like:
          <Element>
              <attribute name="First">FirstAtt</attribute>
              <attribute name="Second">SecondAtt</attribute>
          </Element>

   I am using SAX to parse. But in the startElement(...) method, I am not
able to retrieve the attributes. It's fine when the xml file looks like
           <Element First="FirstAtt" Second="SecondAtt"/>

   What's the approach to retrive the attributes in the former instance?

If you were not an intended recipient,

Re: Retrieve values

Posted by Maksym Kovalenko <mk...@marketswitch.com>.
why do you think you have attributes in the former case?
All I see is element with name "Element" and element with name "attribute"

Jaladurgam, Ramana wrote:

> Hello,
>   I have my elements like:
>           <Element>
>               <attribute name="First">FirstAtt</attribute>
>               <attribute name="Second">SecondAtt</attribute>
>           </Element>
>
>    I am using SAX to parse. But in the startElement(...) method, I am
> not able to retrieve the attributes. It's fine when the xml file looks
> like
>            <Element First="FirstAtt" Second="SecondAtt"/>
>
>    What's the approach to retrive the attributes in the former instance?

> This email may contain confidential
> material. If you were not an intended recipient,
> Please notify the sender and delete all copies.

Maksym Kovalenko
Software Engineer
Marketswitch Corporation
http://www.marketswitch.com <http://www.marketswitch.com/>