Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by ra...@gmail.com on 2018/07/05 11:37:10 UTC

Breaking changes in cordova-create

Hi!

I proposed quite a few breaking changes to cordova-create some time ago.
Unfortunately I have received very little feedback up until now. I would
appreciate to hear what you think of my plans.

Since I would like to get started on landing the changes I already have for
most of my proposals, I suggest the following: take a look at each proposal
that interests you and just drop a "Veto" if you don't like something about
it. Then, when you have time, we can discuss on how to improve the
proposal. This way I immediately get a better picture about which changes
are controversial and which ones I can start preparing PRs for. You're
welcome to give positive feedback too, of course :)

Here are the links for my proposals:

   - Simplify interface of main export
   <https://github.com/apache/cordova-discuss/issues/99>
   - New logic for setting attributes in package.json & config.xml
   <https://github.com/apache/cordova-discuss/issues/100>
   - Fix event delegation
   <https://github.com/apache/cordova-discuss/issues/101>
   - Do not copy "missing" files from default template
   <https://github.com/apache/cordova-discuss/issues/102>
   - Reduce supported template layouts
   <https://github.com/apache/cordova-discuss/issues/103>
   - Drop support for linking
   <https://github.com/apache/cordova-discuss/issues/104>
   - [Closed] Original All-in-One issue
   <https://github.com/apache/cordova-discuss/issues/89>

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Cheers,
Raphael

Re: Breaking changes in cordova-create

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
I took a quick peek at each of the proposals, gave quick feedback on
one and more feedback on another. I would like a few weeks to check if
there is any reason to consider a "veto" on the others.

I think it might help if you could give us a clue about what might be
broken, if they are already documented, idea of how many people might
be affected, etc.

I think we are starting to find some things that are not properly
documented, should consider when to document and when to say no longer
supported.