Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2005/08/03 22:20:25 UTC

Re: [Collections] performance results?

amol k wrote:
> I am looking for any performance related statistics for the collections package.
>
> Particularly interested in knowing how the various methods in
> CollectionUtils perfom under very large data sets and problems, if
> any, that any of us may have encountered while managing large
> collections using the calls in CollectionUtils.

Unfortunately, I am unaware of any performance testing of [collections],
other than of individual classes:

- TreeList is faster than LinkedList, and can for some cases be faster
than an Arraylist
- Flat3Map is faster than a HashMap at size 3 or less

If anyone did any more performance testing, hopefully they can share
their results with the list.

Stephen