Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/30 12:40:17 UTC

Hidden Exceptions

Hi,

given this Action:

public class MyAction {
  public String execute() throws Exception {
        // throws IllegalArgumentException
  }
}

I do not get a log output or anything else indicating that error.

I have struts dev mode = true. Report page shows:
"Struts has detected an unhandled exception:"

At the moment I mostly need to debug to see whats going on.

I would like to get all Exceptions into my logfile. How can I make
sure this happens?

Thanks,
Christian

Re: Hidden Exceptions

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Cool thanks. This worked for me.

As I don't use a default stack, it was better for me to configure directly:

<interceptor-ref name="exception">
        <param name="logEnabled">true</param>
         <param name="logLevel">ERROR</param>
</interceptor-ref>

Cheers and thanks again, this helped me working with more comfort.

Christian

Is it the "exception" interceptor, because OGNL does some magic and calls the

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: Hidden Exceptions

Posted by "M.C. Wilson" <ni...@gmail.com>.