Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Olivier Brand <ol...@intraware.com> on 2001/09/19 02:42:05 UTC

Major bugs in XSL taglibs

I do not know if you are aware of it, but 2 major bugs can be found in
the XSL taglib.
I would suggest to refactor the code and move any unecessary complexity
(which does not work anyway) out of the code.
The new bug is in the IncludeTag: the file makes the wrong assumption
that you are not using an HTTP proxy (only good explanation I can find),
so in a real production environment, it does not work, unless you are
using Tomcat.
If anyone is interested I could publish the fix in order to run this tag
in any app servers (tested on  weblogic, iplanet and Tomcat)

The other one is in the ApplyTag when passing the XML stream in a Java
object through the request.

Olivier

Re: Major bugs in XSL taglibs

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
You could try the XTags library instead - it has the <xtags:style> tag (and
<xtags:param> tag) which do XSLT via JAXP (so they work with Xalan and
Saxon).

The XSL taglib is a bit stale right now.

James