Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2014/11/01 18:30:28 UTC

Re: Add an icon form Templates in toolbar

On 07/09/2014 13:33, sebb wrote:
>> 2) Make a poll on the "Template" icon ? I agree with you and I think sebb
>> > had raised this when initially icon was a wizard. My concern is that
>> > current icon may not be clear or "known" in other applications, so I wonder
>> > if new user or even usual user have the idea of using it
> Perhaps see if we could use the Templates icon from OpenOffice?
> This looks like a piece of paper with a star in the top left corner.
>
> Here's a screenshot:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~sebb/JMeter/Templates.png
>
> I don't think we necessarily need a poll on this, so long as we all
> agree that the new icon is better.

This icon is very similar to the current New icon in JMeter toolbar.

>From the open_icon_library-CC (current source of JMeter toolbar icons),
several (new) tests :

2014:
http://www.milamberspace.net/toolbar-template-2014/

(for history) older in 2013:
http://www.milamberspace.net/toolbar-template/

=> application-x-plasma.png is my preference.

Re: Add an icon form Templates in toolbar

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Even if it's not a wizard, my preference goes to tools-wizard3.
It should encourage people to try it .

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Add an icon form Templates in toolbar

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Am 1. November 2014 22:48:35 MEZ, schrieb Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>:
>Hi Felix,
>I am afraid the meaning of those icons may not be intuitive enough.
>What we want here is an icon "already known" for users of popular
>softwares
>for a feature similar to Wizard although not exactly wizard.

In that case I would opt for tools-wizard-3.

Felix

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Felix,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Add an icon form Templates in toolbar

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.