Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mapred Learn <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/18 02:44:27 UTC

Are hadoop fs commands serial or parallel

 Hi,
My question is when I run a command from hdfs client, for eg. hadoop fs
-copyFromLocal or create a sequence file writer in java code and append
key/values to it through Hadoop APIs, does it internally transfer/write data
to HDFS serially or in parallel ?

Thanks in advance,
-JJ

Re: Are hadoop fs commands serial or parallel

Posted by Mapred Learn <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Joey !
I will try to find out abt copyFromLocal. Looks like Hadoop Apis write serially as you pointed out.

Thanks,
-JJ

Posted by Mapred Learn <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Joey !