Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jeff Varszegi <jv...@yahoo.com> on 2002/11/15 04:54:36 UTC

[collections][SUBMIT] XMLProperties (a Properties-like class)

An implementation of a Properties-like utility class that can store and retrieve different data
types, can store comments for properties, and stores/loads data using XML.  If you think it is
useful, feel free to use it.

Jeff

http://webhosting.yahoo.com

Re: [collections][SUBMIT] XMLProperties (a Properties-like class)

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
I have a class similar to this one too. It is part of a replecement of
resource bundle, and allows XML resource bundles. So there is definitely
evidence of common code.

However, this class is
- too specific for [collections]
- too XML for [collections]
- not a collection (Its not a List/Map)

You may want to have a look at the [resources] project in the sandbox via
CVS. I haven't looked in great detail, but it does seem to cover the same
ground. (Note to self, get [resources] sorted out at some point...)

Stephen

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Committed.

Thanks Tim, the addition of an Encoder interface and the EncoderComparator
are very cool.

Hen

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.