Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "enes.caglar" <en...@hotmail.com> on 2016/08/29 16:50:39 UTC

Failed to page in more queue messages

Hi,

When I am trying to send byte messages to the queue, i received the
following exception. After that point producer was not able to send new
messages to the queue. I am sending messages each 20 MB and total 100
messages. Probably it reached to the max memory usage. But messages are
persistent messages so I expect from activemq to save the previous messages
to disk and continue to process new incoming messages. Any idea how to fix
the problem , except increasing the heap size ? Is this the default behavior
of activemq ?

PS:I have disabled producerFlowControl. Other configs are activemq default
configs.

Thank you.

ERROR | Failed to page in more queue messages

Re: Failed to page in more queue messages

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
The purpose of producer flow control is to prevent the broker from running
out of memory when you try to store more messages than the JVM can hold.
So your options seem to be:

   1. Turn on PFC.  This will prevent more messages from being published
   once you hit the limits enforced by PFC.
   2. Speed up your consumers, to ensure that you don't have more messages
   than your JVM heap can hold.
   3. Increase your JVM heap.

Tim