Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Sean Bollin <sb...@sfeveo.com> on 2009/06/09 00:49:21 UTC

Customization of BeanEdit Component

My problem: I am experience HTML lay-out limitations with the BeanEdit
component.

Is something like this possible:

<t:form>
<t:beanedit />
<t:checkbox />
<t:submit />
</t:form>

Where the SUBMIT handles both the checkbox AND the beanedit component?

It doesn't seem like I can use a checkbox as part of the beanedit
component - because I need the layout to be reversed.  I need the
checkbox to come first in the markup, followed by the label - the
opposite of the default behavior.

Thanks! :)

Re: Customization of BeanEdit Component

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Mon, 08 Jun 2009 19:49:21 -0300, Sean Bollin <sb...@sfeveo.com>
escreveu:

> My problem: I am experience HTML lay-out limitations with the BeanEdit
> component.

BeanEditor was not made to be flexible in layout, but to have a form
implemented quickly.

> Is something like this possible:
>
> <t:form>
> <t:beanedit />
> <t:checkbox />
> <t:submit />
> </t:form>
>
> Where the SUBMIT handles both the checkbox AND the beanedit component?

You don't need the Submit component to submit a form. You can use an
ordinary <input type="submit"/> tag. You just use the Submit component
when you have more than one action in the same form, and that doesn't seem
to be your case.

> It doesn't seem like I can use a checkbox as part of the beanedit
> component - because I need the layout to be reversed.  I need the
> checkbox to come first in the markup, followed by the label - the
> opposite of the default behavior.

You can use BeanEditor to render the rest of your form fields and override
the checkbox field part. The BeanEditForm guide in the Tapestry
documentation tells you how to do that.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago