Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Manish Sharma <Ma...@morganstanley.com> on 2001/04/06 17:42:59 UTC

Re: Struts in WebSphere - VICTORY !!!!!!! - Addendum

I tried the below and still get errors while trying to start the Application on
Websphere 3.5.2.

It seems to find STRUTS-CONFIG.XML but cannot seem to reference the DTD.
I've created the required DTD structure under /SERVLETS/ and changed the
DOCTYPE statement to :

<!DOCTYPE struts-config SYSTEM
"http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd>

Is this correct ?

What could I be doing wrong here ?

Thanks for any help in advance,
Manish

Error in WEBSPHERE...

Posted by Manish Sharma <Ma...@morganstanley.com>.

Posted by Tom Miller <tm...@kdsi.net>.
I have a question for you VAJ guys. Can the Tomcat Test Environment co-exist with
Websphere in a VAJ installation?

I would eventually like to implement the instructions you've arrived at, but need
to finish some development in Tomcat first. I've been asked by a client to move
into VAJ Enterprise, and I would rather not remove WebSphere (as is recommended in
the various Tomcat Test Environment schemes) if I can avoid that. Is there a way to
keep the two from interfering with each other short of removing WebSphere? or at
least is it easy to get WebSphere back if you do remove it?

TIA
Tom

--
Tom Miller
Miller Associates, Inc.

Re: Struts in WebSphere - VICTORY !!!!!!! - Addendum

Posted by Wayland Chan <in...@yahoo.com>.
Try adding the docroot to your classpath as Richard
Backhouse suggested in an earlier post to this thread.

<quote>
5. Once the convert was finished I added the doc root
directory to the classpath for the webapp. (Added
c:\websphere\appserver\hosts\default_host\struts-example\web).
This was via the adminconsole.
</quote>

Wayland Chan

--- Manish Sharma <Ma...@morganstanley.com>