Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by ChambreNoire <aw...@tentelemed.com> on 2014/02/21 23:44:03 UTC

Tooltips/Contextual menu with interactive content

Hello folks,

Here's what I'd like to achieve : A user clicks on an image - although this
could be any type of component (I suppose this makes it more of a contextual
menu). A floating panel appears over/below the component. In this panel I
can put anything but in my specific use case I'd like a simple vertical list
of actions (perhaps with icons) which depend on the component that the menu
is attached too. Clicking on an action will perform a state change at the
level of the component. All this ajaxified.

I've been looking around for something htat would permit me to achieve this
without too much hastle (not being much of a JQuery/JS expert) without much
success. Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Chambre

Re: Tooltips/Contextual menu with interactive content

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chambre,

Unfortunately wicket-jquery-ui is not compatible with wicket-1.4....

Best regards,
Sebastien.

Posted by Sebastien <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chambre,

Did you looked at wicket-jquery-ui? It provides the context-menu and
customizable-tooltips features

http://www.7thweb.net/wicket-jquery-ui/menu/ContextMenuPage
http://www.7thweb.net/wicket-jquery-ui/tooltip/CustomTooltipPage

Hope this helps,