Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Jeff Eastman <jd...@windwardsolutions.com> on 2012/01/09 17:18:54 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1229235 - /mahout/pmc/board-reports/2012/board-report-january.txt

Board reports are due by Wednesday. If I don't get any feedback by then
I will submit this:

=== Apache Mahout Status Report: January 2012 ===

Apache Mahout provides implementations of machine learning algorithms
(collaborative filtering, clustering, classification, and more) for
large-scale data, mostly via Hadoop-based implementations.

ISSUES

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

CURRENT ACTIVITY

Activity has been high during the past 3 months as we have begun
the release process for 0.6. Of 181 issues targeted for this release,
there are only 4 remaining.

Code freeze, originally targeted for Jan 1, is currently being delayed by a
platform-specific build issue and 1 open defect. We expect to release 0.6
in the near future.

A 1.0 release is not yet on the horizon.

COMMUNITY

There are no new committers since last report.

Dmitriy Lyubimov has been elected a member of the Mahout PMC.

MAHOUT DISTRIBUTIONS

Mahout has been included in the Cloudera CDH3u2 release.
(http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2011/11/cdh3u2-apache-mahout-integration/)

As with other commercial distributions we'll keep an eye out to
make sure it's distributed in accordance with Apache trademark
guidelines.

MAHOUT IN PRINT

"Mahout in Action", Owen, Anil, Dunning & Friedman has been published
and is
being well received.
(http://manning.com/owen/)

Re: svn commit: r1229235 - /mahout/pmc/board-reports/2012/board-report-january.txt

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Looks good.

Longer term, I personally don't think we need to single out any specific distribution other than to just say:  "Mahout is now included in several commercial distributions.  We are monitoring them for trademark issues"

On Jan 9, 2012, at 11:18 AM, Jeff Eastman wrote:

> Board reports are due by Wednesday. If I don't get any feedback by then I will submit this:
>
> === Apache Mahout Status Report: January 2012 ===
>
> Apache Mahout provides implementations of machine learning algorithms
> (collaborative filtering, clustering, classification, and more) for
> large-scale data, mostly via Hadoop-based implementations.
>
> ISSUES
>
> There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
>
> CURRENT ACTIVITY
>
> Activity has been high during the past 3 months as we have begun
> the release process for 0.6. Of 181 issues targeted for this release,
> there are only 4 remaining.
>
> Code freeze, originally targeted for Jan 1, is currently being delayed by a
> platform-specific build issue and 1 open defect. We expect to release 0.6
> in the near future.
>
> A 1.0 release is not yet on the horizon.
>
> COMMUNITY
>
> There are no new committers since last report.
>
> Dmitriy Lyubimov has been elected a member of the Mahout PMC.
>
> MAHOUT DISTRIBUTIONS
>
> Mahout has been included in the Cloudera CDH3u2 release.
> (http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2011/11/cdh3u2-apache-mahout-integration/)
>
> As with other commercial distributions we'll keep an eye out to
> make sure it's distributed in accordance with Apache trademark
> guidelines.
>
> MAHOUT IN PRINT
>
> "Mahout in Action", Owen, Anil, Dunning & Friedman has been published and is
> being well received.
> (http://manning.com/owen/)

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com