Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2000/08/28 18:41:44 UTC

Jason, you can start looking at WM code. :-)

I got the go ahead from Brian. He said that if the code is under a
compatible license (ie: APL), then it can be incorporated without requiring
consent from the original author, although it should be sought just in case.

Thus, we should ask Justin if it is ok if we can use WM code in Velocity.
Justin?

We should also immediately list Justin and WM on the Contrib page as soon as
the first checkin happens.

-jon

Re: Voting for Bob's CVS write

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@periapt.com>.
Bob, here's what I have for you, I looked
at the iSpock source:

Bob McWhirter
bob@werken.com
iFleet

If that's ok, just drop me a line and I'll
update the contributors' page.

jvz.

--

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@periapt.com

Re: Voting for Bob's CVS write

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@periapt.com>.
On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Daniel L. Rall wrote:

> Jason van Zyl wrote:
> >
> > Yo,
> >
> > I think we have two votes so far for Bob,
> > I think we need one more?
> >
> > It would be great to have Bob as he has
> > implemented iSpock, plus he know about
> > some of the internals of WM and he would
> > be great to work with!
>
> +1 for Bob--happy to have you aboard.

Great!

Bob, if you give me what you would like to appear
on the contributors' page I will update it ASAP.

jvz.

--

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@periapt.com

Re: Voting for Bob's CVS write

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Re: Voting for Bob's CVS write

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@periapt.com>.
On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 8/28/2000 9:55 AM, "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@periapt.com> wrote:
>
> > Yo,
> >
> > I think we have two votes so far for Bob,
> > I think we need one more?
>
> 3 votes. My vote counts.

I did count your vote! I though it was just
you and I who had voted so far? Sorry if
I missed someone other then the two of us.

> > It would be great to have Bob as he has
> > implemented iSpock, plus he know about
> > some of the internals of WM and he would
> > be great to work with!
>
> I already sent the email to brian. :-)

Cool.

jvz.

--

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@periapt.com

Re: Voting for Bob's CVS write

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 8/28/2000 9:55 AM, "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@periapt.com> wrote:

> Yo,
>
> I think we have two votes so far for Bob,
> I think we need one more?

3 votes. My vote counts.

http://scarab.tigris.org/    | http://noodle.tigris.org/
http://java.apache.org/      | http://java.apache.org/turbine/
http://www.working-dogs.com/ | http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/
http://www.collab.net/       | http://www.sourcexchange.com/

Voting for Bob's CVS write

Re: Jason, you can start looking at WM code. :-)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@periapt.com>.
On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Jon Stevens wrote:

> I got the go ahead from Brian. He said that if the code is under a
> compatible license (ie: APL), then it can be incorporated without requiring
> consent from the original author, although it should be sought just in case.
>
> Thus, we should ask Justin if it is ok if we can use WM code in Velocity.
> Justin?
>
> We should also immediately list Justin and WM on the Contrib page as soon as
> the first checkin happens.

I will look at the code today! I would like to evaluate it first, I
have no idea how it works but am hopeful that many parts of it
can be used. I'm sure the quality is great, but I just want
to assess what would be need to be done to merge
the goods. I don't think there will be a problem and Bob
can help me as well as he is very familiar with WM, and
so is Dave I believe. This rocks!

jvz.

--

Jason van Zyl