Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Chen Wang <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/29 06:39:13 UTC

TickTuple user case

storm users,
If I config a bolt to run 10 threads, and this bolt is configure to receive
the tick tuple. Does it mean that all running threads will receive the
ticktuple, or only first available thread will receive the ticktuple?

I wanna send a signal from spout to bolt periodically, and then bolt starts
to read from different redis queue.

My original design is to have a signal spout, and emit the signal tuple
periodically to bolt. Then I discovered the new TickTuple. Thus the above
question as I want only first availabe thread will receive the tick tuple.
Thanks,
Chen