Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de> on 2007/09/24 19:44:09 UTC

Documentation on dynamic schema updates (was Re: [Kerberos] PKINIT support)

David Jencks wrote:

> BTW, where are the developer and user guides for the dynamic schem
> stuff?  I'm probably just not looking in the right place but I haven't
> been able to find the docs on how to use this feature.

Just in case, somebody reads this and concludes that we do not have any
documentation on dynamic schema updates etc.

At least we have a detailed step-by-step guide for novice users who plan
to add their own elements to the schema -- either programmatically or
with the help of Directory Studio.

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/add-your-first-elements-to-the-schema.html

And yes, it is neither complete nor perfect, especially when it comes to
advanced topics.

Greetings,
     Stefan

Re: Documentation on dynamic schema updates (was Re: [Kerberos] PKINIT support)

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the update Stefan.  At least this shows the intent to document
and support a feature
even though it may not be perfect.  The most important point is there are
people here who do work
on this stuff and users will be taken care of with potentially several
from those who can guide them.

This did not happen overnight or by itself - the community formed because
there was diligence
around meeting this need.  There was intention and an effort was made.

Alex