Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff French <je...@mdbconsulting.com> on 2009/12/06 01:37:46 UTC

Hanging on release:prepare

In searching the net I know this has come up before, but the explanations
I've found so far don't seem to match my stituation exactly (e.g. older
version of the plugin).

I'm using a simple test project to learn how the release plugin works. It's
checked into CVS, and we use private-public key pairs to access CVS. When I
run:

    mvn -X release:prepare -DdryRun=true

the last few lines of the output are roughly:

    [INFO] [release:prepare {execution: default-cli}]
    [DEBUG] release.properties not found - using empty properties
    [INFO] Verifying that there are no local modifications...
    [INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /work/mdb/lib/m2test && cvs -z3 -f -d
:ext:jfrench@server:/cvs -n -q update -d
    [INFO] Working directory: /work/mdb/lib/m2test
    [DEBUG] Executing CVS command: update -d

where it just hangs.

I can run 'cvs update -d' from the command line. My <scm> section looks
like:

    <scm>
      <connection>
        scm:cvs:ext:jfrench@server:/cvs:mdb/lib/m2test
      </connection>
      <developerConnection>
        scm:cvs:ext:jfrench@server:/cvs:mdb/lib/m2test
      </developerConnection>
      <tag>HEAD</tag>
    </scm>

I've tried both versions 2.0-beta-8 and 2.0-beta-9 of the release plugin.
Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

    Jeff

Re: Hanging on release:prepare

Posted by Jeff French <je...@mdbconsulting.com>.
Thanks, Paul.

I found that  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-238 MRELEASE-238
already existed, so I added my mvn -X output there. The issue's comments
note that 2.0-beta-5 works. I verified that as true on my system.

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.