Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by James Dodson <ji...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/24 21:03:52 UTC

Service Grid classpath changes

I understand service grid does not have peer class loading, so we need to
provide any needed jars to the /libs directory of our Ignite nodes.

As we make changes to our service classes over time, those jars will also
need to change.

Can we do some kind of rolling deploy - bring down 1 node, update the jars,
bring it back up, move to next node - or will we need to bring the whole
cluster down and update all the jars at the same time?

If it matters, I have persistence enabled and cache backups enabled.

Re: Service Grid classpath changes

Posted by ezhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
When you deploy the service, it serializes the object of this service and
puts it to the internal cache. At the moment when it should be redeployed,
it will take this object from the cache and deserialize it.

So, if after change your object still can be deserialized using the new
version of the class, you can change it. But in this case, it's possible
that you will have the different versions of the class on the different
nodes.

If after the change Service object can't be deserialized, you can just
deploy it with the new name, use it for a short time, undeploy the old one
and deploy it with the new version of the class again.

Evgenii