Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Tao Yang <ty...@simdesk.com> on 2006/02/20 17:38:34 UTC

linux distribution don't have ssl support?

Hi,

I am trying to get Axis C++ 1.5 on linux as client to interact
with Axis 1.3 server (java, deployed on tomcat 5) this morning. I
notice a few things:
1) The installation document mentioned following configuration:

Transport_http:/usr/local/axiscpp_deploy/lib/libaxis3_transport.so
Channel_HTTP:/usr/local/axiscpp_deploy/lib/libaxis3_transport_channel.so
XMLParser:/usr/local/axiscpp_deploy/lib/libaxis_xercesc.so
ClientWSDDFilePath:/usr/local/axiscpp_deploy/etc/client.wsdd
ClientLogPath:/usr/local/axiscpp_deploy/log/AxisClientLog

which is a bit confusing since I cannot find neither
libaxis3_transport.so nor libaxis3_transport_channel.so in
the tar gz'ed file - axis-c-linux-current-bin.tar.gz
I can only find following libs:

[tyang@tyang-lin axis4Lin]$ ls axis-c-1.5.0-linux-bin/lib/
axis                      libaxiscpp_mod.so        libdoclitfault.so
axisjava                  libaxiscpp_mod.so.1      libelement.so
libarray.so               libaxiscpp_mod.so.1.5.0  libenumeration.so
libaxis_clientC.so        libaxis_server.so        libhttp_channel.so
libaxis_clientC.so.1      libaxis_server.so.1      libhttp_channel.so.1
libaxis_clientC.so.1.5.0  libaxis_server.so.1.5.0  libhttp_channel.so.1.5.0
libaxis_client.so         libaxis_xerces.so        libhttp_transport.so
libaxis_client.so.1       libaxis_xerces.so.1      libhttp_transport.so.1
libaxis_client.so.1.5.0   libaxis_xerces.so.1.5.0
libhttp_transport.so.1.5.0
libaxiscpp_mod2.so        libbase.so               libref.so
libaxiscpp_mod2.so.1      libbench.so              librpcfault.so
libaxiscpp_mod2.so.1.5.0  libcalculator.so         libtransportProperties.so
[tyang@tyang-lin axis4Lin]$
Plus, the SSL channel also seems missing - no
libaxis3_transport_ssl_channel.so
found neither.

Do I have to re-built it by myself?

Another thing is there is no deploy dir found in the linux bin distro as
in window's.
And the content of deploy dir in window's distro seems to me are for
linux. Am I
missing something here?

At last, one important question is: does Axis C++ work with Axis (java)
as I would
expect?

Thanks,
Tao

Re: linux distribution don't have ssl support?

Posted by Adrian Dick <ad...@uk.ibm.com>.

1) It would appear there is a mistake in the installation instructions.
The file names should read:
libaxis3_transport_channel.so       becomes     libhttp_channel.so
libaxis3_transport_ssl_channel.so   becomes     libhttp_channelssl.so
libaxis3_transport.so               becomes     libhttp_transport.so

2) As you say, it would appear the SSL channel is missing from the binary
packages.
If you wish to stay at Axis C++ 1.5, you will need to rebuild these.
Alternatively, you may wish to try the latest 1.6 nightly builds, which
include the SLL libraries.

3) I agree with you that the deploy directory appears to be missing for
linux.
Again, this is present for the latest 1.6 nightly builds

4) Axis C++ should work fine with Axis java

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)