Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jerry Jalenak <Je...@LABONE.com> on 2002/10/02 15:12:16 UTC

RE: Usage of ValidatorActionForm

I had a similar requirement, only I was checking the value on my
DynaValidatorActionForm, and then figured out how to go ahead and invoke
validator only for the 'continue' value.  HTH.

<snip>

public class InsertForm extends DynaValidatorActionForm
{
	public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping,
HttpServletRequest request)
	{
		ServletContext context = getServlet().getServletContext();

		String submitAction = (String) get("submitAction");
		if ((submitAction.equalsIgnoreCase("continue")) ||
(submitAction.equalsIgnoreCase("submit")))
		{
			/**
			* call Validator if submitAction is 'continue' or
'submit'.  Validator will return errors
			* in the 'errors' object if any validation fails...
			*/
			Validator validator =
StrutsValidatorUtil.initValidator(mapping.getPath(), this, context, request,
errors, page);
			try
			{
				validatorResults = validator.validate();
			}
			catch(ValidatorException ve)
			{}
		}

		return errors;
	}
}

</snip>

Jerry

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at (800)388-4675.