Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raj Mettai <rm...@broward.edu> on 2002/10/08 22:43:54 UTC

Index.jsp page in apache and tomcat config....

Hi all,

I have apache(2.0.39) and tomcat(4.0.4) configured on different solaris 8 machines using mod_jk such that apache servers all html and images while tomcat servers jsp and servlets.

Here is my jkMount from httpd.conf
JkMount /*.jsp tomcat1
JkMount /servlet/* tomcat1

I want to configure apache to default to index.jsp page when I try to access the directory (ex :  http://www.apacheserver.com/online/  should go to http://www.apacheserver.com/online/index.jsp). How can I achieve this, the apache documentroot directory does not have any index.jsp's,so how can you make apache to defualt to index.jsp.

I have modified DirectoryIndex also to include index.jsp, still apache gives 403(Access forbidden).

I have lot of links in the site that are just linking to directory without index.jsp, I have to modify them all otherwise.

any thoughts ????

thanks

-Raj