Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@2xlp.com> on 2009/10/15 15:46:54 UTC

Plack

Has anyone here played with Plack yet ? ( http://plackperl.org/ )

It's about a week old or so publicly, but I'm sure a few of you folks
here were privvy to a preview...

// Jonathan Vanasco

e. jonathan@2xlp.com
w. http://findmeon.com/user/jvanasco
blog. http://destructuring.net

Re: Plack

Posted by Foo JH <jh...@extracktor.com>.
I've been - in my spare time - trying to figure this PSGI thing out. I'm
a Windows guy you see, and I realised there's no PPM for Plack.

Is Strawberry the only alternative?

Re: Plack

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@2xlp.com>.

Re: Plack

Posted by Adam Prime <ad...@utoronto.ca>.
Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

> Has anyone here played with Plack yet ? ( http://plackperl.org/ )
>
> It's about a week old or so publicly, but I'm sure a few of you folks
> here were privvy to a preview...

I haven't played with it, but i have read a bunch of Miyagawa's blog
posts about it.  I do know that Jeff Horwitz is planning to support WSGI
in mod_parrot / mod_perl 6, but i don't know exactly what that means ;)

Adam

Re: Plack

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@2xlp.com>.
On Oct 15, 2009, at 10:01 AM, Issac Goldstand wrote:

> Whaddaya know...
>
> Ironically, this might have saved Plone at my workplace had I known
> that
> this was on the way.  We were looking at writing custom WSGI
> components
> in Python and shuddering (well, I was shuddering)

I'm 80% Python now, so that would be exiciting to me ;)  I can't stand
plone though, I do everything in Pylons... which is actually a lot
like ModPerl

Porting WSGI to Perl is really awesome though. And MP is already
supported out of the box !

Re: Plack

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
Whaddaya know...