Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Javi Roman <jr...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/31 06:25:39 UTC

Regarding Big Data Mesos Frameworks and Myriad

Hi there!

I have seen that this project probably is in the end of its life, it's
a real shame.

I would like contribute to raise the project, obviously I will need
any kind mentoring or initial guidance.

Before that I would like ask an important question (the focus of my interest):

With Myriad (YARN converted to a Mesos framework) I could use YARN
aware projects (such as Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Kafka and so on) without
the need of crate the Mesos framework version of every tool?

I mean can I use, for example, a plain Apache Kafka with Myriad,
without he effort of maintaining a Apache Kafka Mesos framework?

If this is correct, for my is a huge advantage and I will be really
interested in contributing to the Myriad project.

Javi Roman

Twitter: @javiromanrh
Linkedin: es.linkedin.com/in/javiroman
Big Data Blog: dataintensive.info

Re: Regarding Big Data Mesos Frameworks and Myriad

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.
Javi,

I can't speak for Kafka definitively (Does Kafka have a YARN runner
nowdays? I use the Mesos one), however I did run Map/Reduce, Spark and
Flink via YARN Using Myriad.

Darin

Posted by Swapnil Daingade <sw...@gmail.com>.