Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/22 10:36:23 UTC

Renaming OFBiz artefacts

Hi all,

In this posting http://ofbiz.markmail.org/message/mjlm5dvimcjngr6k Adrian
proposed to rename our OFBiz artefacts from "org.ofbiz" to
"org.apache.ofbiz" to bring it more inline to conventions used by other
Apache projects/products.

Does this proposal need any further discussion? Or can we move forward by
creating a JIRA and work from there?

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: Renaming OFBiz artefacts

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
+1

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Done at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6274

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
+1

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
On 29/04/2015 11:25 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> Yes, I answered to Ron about "searching for modules in Maven Central a
> bit more sensible." But this means to use Maven to me, else I still
> don't see the reason
Really only helpful if we follow up on the idea of distributing the
framework (or other modules) to people who want it as a dependency in
their own projects unrelated to OFBiz.

Now we are starting to think about switching frameworks.....

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Martin Becker <ma...@ecomify.de>.
That’s a good point!

(especially for a bunch of build tool alternative branches ;-))

Martin Becker
ecomify GmbH

Posted by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com>.
Can people explain the advantages? "just in-line with other projects?"
that is it?

how about all customizations and local implementations?

a -1 from me too

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
I have a feeling that the R15.x branch will not be backward compatible
due to all of the refactoring going on.

People will complain that the package rename will break local
modifications - but so will a bunch of other things that are going on.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.