Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Artyom Sokolov <un...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/27 00:19:17 UTC

Using JBoss Cache as directory for Apache Lucene

Hello.

Has anyone tried to store Lucene index in JBoss Cache? Are there any
good implementations of Lucene Directory for it? I found
http://viewvc.jboss.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/jbosscache/jbosscache-lucene/jbosscache/src/java/org/apache/lucene/store/jbosscache/
but I can't find any documentation or testimonials on it.

Basically what I would like to do is to store Lucene index in JBoss
Cache and manipulate it with application written with GridGain support
(GridGain supports JBoss Cache almost out of the box).

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

Re: Using JBoss Cache as directory for Apache Lucene

Posted by Artyom Sokolov <un...@gmail.com>.
Well, I'm just playing with these and trying to create distributed
search engine which could store index in JBoss Cache (data grid) and
manage index with GridGain (compute grid) intelligently. Consider one
has really huge index(es) to search (tens or hundreds of gigabytes).
One idea is to distribute it on several data nodes and when search or
index operation requested transfer it to the corresponding data node
and perform the action (or may be do it in parallel manner). Nodes
created by GridGain are members of p2p network so there won't be SPOF.

It's all just an idea, nothing more, so if you have something to say
please let me know. It will be appreciated. I am just starting to
learn it so if I'm getting wrong in some place please tell me that :)

Thanks.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.