Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by hbruch <ho...@isb-ag.de> on 2006/05/16 17:45:49 UTC

Questions regarding DemandForwardingBridge

Hi,

I've got some questions regarding DemandForwardingBridge.

The DemandForwardingBridge only dispatches messages to remote brokers, if
there is any consumer registered with the remote broker.

Does the DemandForwardingBridge currently respect the selectors of these
remote brokers or is the only criterion considered the Queue?

I tried to configure the prefetchSize on the networkConnector, but it seemed
to me, that it had no effect. Messages are forwarded to the remote broker
even if all consumers are already removed. Is this the intended behavior and
why?

Thanks, Holger

Re: Questions regarding DemandForwardingBridge

Posted by hbruch <ho...@isb-ag.de>.
Hi Rob,

you are right, I was using the default DurableConduitBridge. Setting
conduitSubscriptions="false" in the network connector switched it to the
DemandForwardingBridge. Now individual remote consumers are subscribed
locally, respecting their selector and prefetch size as well.

Thanks for your hint!

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
are you using the demandForwardingBridge - or the the
DurableConduitBridge (default). You can use demand only by setting
the network connector property demandOnly = true. Selectors aren't
supported across a bridge, but you can use the included or excluded
filters to shape traffic passed between two brokers.

cheers,

Rob

Rob Davies
http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/